My First Blog Contest Experience


Hello there! I’m back. Sorry for being so lazy to update my blog. I was really lazy on writing nowadays. I wasn’t comfortable with my thoughts and my mind keeps on getting blank as I always try to write something. So, now in the middle of my boredom, I was able to write again (Yey! finally!) I can actually say that I am writing while listening on my playlist and Pres. Duterte’s 2nd SONA. I am looking weird since multitasking is real for me, now.

            Few weeks ago since I was awarded as the First Place on Rich Batangas Blogging Contest yet I still didn’t imagine how it happened. Way back February, 2017 when I first saw the contest mechanics that Batangas Tourism Council will hold a blogging contest. At first, I am really hesitating since I wasn’t a good photographer and maybe my photos aren’t good enough. Few weeks past after my internship at Manila, I decided to join. I really want it. I don’t know what kind of mind I have but I really wanted to join; I want to experience on how to join on a blogging contest. I want it to try – manalo, matalo at least I’ve tried. That’s it.
            Luckily, it’s Holy week when my family decided to have Visita Iglesia at Lipa City. I didn’t imagine that those pictures I have can be used on my piece. Ang alam ko lang that time, I wanted to share it to social media that we went to different churches and I wanted to put it on my blog – as a promotion na din. I never imagine na magagamit ko pala sya. It’s also the same reason on the beaches of Bauan and Mabini.

            I was really amazed on my own Batangas province since it has many natural resources, cultures and traditions to be proud of. I am actually thankful for being a Tourism student (that time) that I explore Batangas more. And this is the reason why I came up to my beautiful piece: The Pride of Rich Batangas. I got inspired by our own culture, our own natural resources and our own Rich Batangas. I wasn’t expecting anything from my blog – I just wanted to promote ours; to share to every nation that I/we have the amazing Rich Batangas. I wanted Batangas to become more active on Tourism thingy since nowadays it is very in demand. We have lots of sceneries and hidden place to be known for. That is the reason why I joined Rich Batangas Blogging Contest.

            It was Sunday afternoon when I emailed Rich Batangas on my blog entry and I was shocked when they emailed me back, Monday afternoon. I tried so hard to share it to my friends and relatives. My family was very supportive that time. It seems like that they were very shocked that I had this “kalokohan na ginawa”. After being a contestant, I am still hopeless and I will not win. It’s because my co-participants are certified bloggers. Oh no! I was like, “Paano na? I am not a certified blogger. It’s just my past time. I even tried to join for my experiences only.” I was hopeless until my mom called me Thursday afternoon. I was then surprised when she called me out of nowhere. I also try to surprise her because I will receive a Leadership Award and Best Thesis Award but then we were both surprised that time. I could not help but ask my niece “Is this really true?” I am shocked! I am very surprised. Imagine? How could an uncertified blogger win? It was my first time to join and oh my gosh, I never imagined that.

            Everyone says that, “Ala! Ang galing mo.” Like, omg.. “Paano po? Joke lang po ata yon?” Grabe! Until now, I really can’t believe it. It was just a hobby of mine that started as I was really doing nothing. I remember, I made a blogging just for me to speak and write in English for we will have a Research Paper that time. Gusto ko lang matuto at masanay na makapagsalita ng English para sa thesis namin. That’s the main reason before I decided to make it my travel/lifestyle blog. Hindi ko naman po inakala na dadating sa point na to. Aba, I was really blessed!

            For my readers (taray, readers talaga!), I am not a certified blogger. I am not as good as other bloggers out there but I am proud of myself that I have this talent. I made this blog for me to share my experiences or my travel stories, my thoughts and the lessons I’ve learned about life. This became my medium of expression – when I’m bored, sad or happy I write my feelings. It helped me knew myself, my talent and the people I have in my life. It makes me feel okay after writing and it helped me to become proud of myself.

            My first blog contest experience seems to be my stepping stone on my future. I can really say it will help me achieve my dreams and become successful in life. This experience can be my key to my up-and-coming life. For those who believe in me from the very start, I am very grateful that I have you guys! Thank you so much! I will not stop until I get satisfied with my works as well. I will not stop until I become a certified blogger, an author and an inspiration to others. I always believe that, anything is possible with God.

            This space is for Batangas Tourism Council, Thank you so much BTC Officers for considering my work as first place. I am beyond blessed and grateful. It’s a pleasure knowing that I’m still a fresh graduate and unemployed but I felt you’re very proud of my achievement. I will continue to make blogs and inspire others just like what you told me. Thank you for the great experience!

            To my family, friends and relatives... thank you for supporting me all the way long! I owe you a lot, all my achievements! I love you guys!

            And to our Almighty God, you’re the reason why I experience this all. I am very very grateful to you. Sobra sobra po! I love you from the bottom of my heart.








P.S. If you miss reading my winning piece, here’s the link: 
http://vanethaaaa.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-pride-of-rich-batangas.html

Xoxo,

Dora/Vanessa

Comments

  1. Thank you Dr Emu for what you have done for me i would have been nothing today if not for your great spell. i want you my friends who are passing through all this kind of love problem of getting back their husband, wife , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend to contact Dr Emu , if you need his help you can contact him through his private mail: emutemple@gmail.com or you can contact him through his website https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ fb page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to heal a Broken Heart

The Unseen Beauty of Bauan

TKB goes to Shercon Resort & Ecology Park