The Heart of the Filipino


 
 “It takes an effort and courage to reach your goal.” This quote reminds me of how happy I am when Ms. Karla called me for an orientation as a student trainee of PAL. I guess, you’re thinking how an ordinary Batanguena reached PAL.

            It was November when I started sending CV’s to companies in Manila thru online sites. But I am not sure they will accept me because there are lots of students applying for ojt and I really need the so-called backer to easily apply to the company. However, I pinpointed Philippine Airlines as my dream company. I really want to spend my 360 hour of my life in PAL. You all know how prominent PAL is and everyone is dreaming to work in this company especially when it comes to Flight Attendants. I tried to contact my acquaintances if they have a contact in PAL.

 I guess, it’s a destiny for me coz I immediately message Keidee (she’s my school mate in high school) asking how did she applied for PAL. She tried to send my CV on her former supervisor; without any assurance I waited for it until a call changed my life. (Hahaha, grabe sa kadramahan)

I was about to give up that time and tried to think of any company here in Batangas until Ms. Karla contacted me. Yes! I finally made it. So, I went to the Head office of Philippine Airlines at Pasay City to submit the requirements. I can’t explain the feeling I have when I stepped at the floor of PNB. It was a great feeling; one of the best!

JANUARY 30, 2017, It was my first day. Nakaka-teary eye! New environment, new friends, adjustment period. Grabe! At first, I am still finding myself how to get in to the environment. As an introvert person, ang hirap mag-adjust. Ang hirap ilagay ang sarili. I don’t know how to move myself in to the new place.

                    Image result for teary eyed gif

Thanks to Ria, my destiny friend for helping me placed myself in the office. That was for about 1-2 weeks because Ria leave for almost two weeks and I have no choice to stand alone and mingle to them. While Ria wasn’t with me, I learned so many things; not just about myself but also in the office. I have a hard time doing the tasks assigned to me; marunong naman ako pero natatanga (sorry for the word) ako. But, you know in every mistake, you also learn that’s why when March came in, marunong na ako. I can now do whatever tasks it is. Thank you to the co-ojt’s, supervisors and even jammas!

THE PAL EXPERIENCE


            Indeed, PAL is one of the best companies! PAL deserves to the national carrier of the Philippines; 5-star rating from Skytrax. After reading so many flight reports, attending the #BuongPusongAlaga, experiencing the wet runs and its 76th anniversary, I can truly say that PAL is beyond best at giving service to the Filipino and other people. This is the reason why Filipinos and foreigners always want to go back to the Philippines. They bring the heart of the Filipino in every journey. Mahal na mahal ng mga OFW at mga taga-ibang bansa ang ibinibigay na serbisyo ng PAL sa kahit na anong byahe nila. This is why PAL reached 76 years of serving the best people.

Image may contain: food and indoor Image may contain: people sitting and indoor
  
Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor

Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people standing

THE PEOPLE BEHIND THIS SUCCESS

  Image result for flight attendant pal
          
  Cabin crews are one of the reasons why PAL has its good service. Staffs are well-trained, physically and emotionally beautiful. You guys don’t know how they greet to everyone; how they trainings went well, sobrang mahirap. Dumadaan sila sa napakaraming proseso, interviews and everything para mahasa. Hindi basta ang pinagdadaanan ng isang Regular Cabin Crew ng Philippine Airlines. You’ll not understand them until you’ve work with them. They were the precious gems of PAL! Everyone is dreaming of being a PAL Cabin Crew. Yes, but be sure to think it well. Once you try, don’t dare to give up! It is a pleasure to wear the uniform of PAL; a great opportunity, indeed. I will give you some qualifications of their cabin crew. A PAL cabin crew should know how to speak in English fluently, wearing a black hair, no braces and with a beautiful smile.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, indoor Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor
           
            Aside from the cabin crews, the success of PAL is not about them. It’s also about the hardworking people in the office who tried to always check all the crews – the Administrative. I did my training at PAL Inflight Center where the cabin crews are doing their before flight errands. I was assigned at Cabin Services Sub-Department; it was headed by the AVP Director assisted by Administrative Assistant who happened also our training supervisor. There are also Cabin Administrative Manager (CAM), the mother of Cabin Service Manager (CSM), the parents of cabin crews (flight pursers, flight attendants and flight stewards) They were the ones who help the crews in any achievement nor problem they faced thru the help also of the Senior Assistants. I will not mention their names since I want them to have privacy. Yes, I have so many supervisors. They were all kind, beautiful, handsome! They were all hardworking lalo na mga CSM’s. They will go to office before and after the flight, hindi biro iyon kasi minsan long haul flight sila. I salute all the CAM’s and CSM’s!

         Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor 
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor Image may contain: one or more people and people standing
 

I WILL MISS…

            Everything about PAL INFLIGHT CENTER! The people, yung everyday na babati ka sa kanila ng Good morning, Good afternoon, Hello or Hi. Kapag hindi ka bumati, mapapagalitan ka. I will miss it! Because of that simple thing, nasanay na ako na bumati sa mga taong araw-araw kong nakakasalamuha. Everyone is easy to be with! They were so friendly, kind, thoughtful, and generous. Siguro kasi yun yung tinuro din sa kanila ng PAL. Talagang even if in the office, you will experience the heart of the Filipino. I will miss the wet runs, Xerox machine, scan to pc, FIR, OSS, One drive, AO’s office and everything about CSSD. I will miss the “Cabin Services/Cabin Crew Division/AO’s Office, Philippine Airlines, Good Morning” on the telephone lalo na ang sky treats and coffee. Mamimiss ko lahat lalo na ang mga tao na tumulong sa akin kung paano ba talaga ang real world sa hospitality industry.
           
WHAT PAL TAUGHT ME

            PAL specifically CSSD taught me on how to communicate to other people. They taught me how to became so genuine to the people you’re working with. Sir Doc once said, “Kaya mo yan. Kakayanin mo yan, hinga ka lang ng malalim” I thought before na hindi ako matututo sa mga pagxexerox, pag-scan to pc pero I was wrong. I don’t need to push myself na matutunan lahat agad agad. I need to wait, to have patience na habang lumalakad ang panahon, matuto ka din. Just wait and see! I am thanking Mam Noems, Mam Rita, Mam Katz, Mam Liza, Sir Jun for giving me the trust kasi napakadaming beses kong nagkamali. Atleast, I know what to do next. I keep on saying to myself (after na mapagalitan) kelangan hindi ka na magkamali sa pangalawang pagkakataon, kelangan tama na ito.

            I am also thanking CSM Viv, CSM Vangge, CSM Ron, CSM Ching Miller. Thank you for understanding me while we were on the AO’s office.  I learned so many things about being a cabin crew, being a CSM. Napakadami nyo pong naituro sa akin sa maliit na panahon. Hindi ako nagkamali sinamahan ko kayo sa loob ng 2 linggo sa AO. Thank you po!
            I can say that I have the best on the job training! This one’s for the books! I can’t write all the words I’ve felt when I was in CSSD. I was indeed happy and grateful that God gave me this opportunity. Iba pala ang feeling kapag dream company mo talaga ang inilagay mo sa mga huling pahina ng iyong kolehiyo. I am looking forward to work with you, real soon! I am hoping that PAL would still accept me as an employee! See you all soon!

CO-TRAINEES

            After meeting the best people, it’s also a privilege to meet new friends. Hello to my co-trainees from my first to last day. If you’re reading this guys, thank you for the friendship we had when we were at IFC. You guys don’t know how happy I am to mingle with you in a short span of time! You guys are the best! Thank you for the stories you shared, the laughter, those funny moments and memorable experiences. Hoping it will last kahit we were on the different worlds na. Till we meet again, mga mahal!

  Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting, closeup and indoor Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, selfie, closeup and indoor Image may contain: one or more people, selfie and indoor
Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

(This space is for the girl who captured my heart the most)

            I guess, it’s destiny that brought us together. God used PAL para mapakilala nya tayo sa isa’t – isa. You know how introvert I am. Hindi ko din alam kung bakit ang dami dami naman natin sa office, ikaw lang yung gusto ko na kinakausap. Ang gaan gaan ng pakiramdam ko sayo. Ang gaan mo kasama. Thank you, Ria! Thank you for everything! Thank you for the friendship we had! Hindi ko alam kung hanggang saan makakarating ang pagkakaibigan natin nabuo sa office pero sana magtagal na kahit my work na tayo, friends pa din! Sana ikaw yung friend ko na matagal ko ng pinagdadasal. North to South and friendship natin, ang layo! Hahahahaha! Basta, thank you and sorry! I am always proud and happy sa mga kakulitan mo. You don’t deserve to be treated that way (like yung…alam mo na) You have a good heart. Maybe, it’s not yet the time na makilala mo ang para sayo. Just wait and see kasi ibibigay yun sayo when you’re ready. Advance Congratulations sayo!! Good luck sa atin after graduation!! Hindi ko alam kung kelan ulit tayo pagtatagpuin pero I am looking forward na mangyari yon. Love you, beshy! @RiaAngelique
 
   
More photos:
                                 Image may contain: 6 people, people standing and indoor
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, pizza and food

It was... It was a great experience! Thank you Lord for giving me such experience! You're the best! 

Lovelots,
     Vanessa

Photos from Google, Ria Siozon, Shaira Cruz, Princess Agramon, Sherlyn Estandarte
** You can also visit my IG account for more photos. 

Comments


  1. I will forever be indebted to the great Doctor TAKUTA for fixing my broken marriage after my husband left me for his mistress for 3 months. I never believed in spells until my friend introduced me to him. At first, I was skeptical about him because I heard a lots about false spell casters but I put my doubts behind me for i was desperate to get my husband back and I did according to what he instructed me to do. Now my husband is back just within 48 hours of contacting him. I'm living happily with my husband again after 6 months of divorce and I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in money spells, lottery spells, sickness spells E.T.C. Get connected with Doctor Takuta now, his email is takutaspellalter@gmail.com or WhatsApp on +27788634102

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dr Emu for what you have done for me i would have been nothing today if not for your great spell. i want you my friends who are passing through all this kind of love problem of getting back their husband, wife , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend to contact Dr Emu , if you need his help you can contact him through his private mail: emutemple@gmail.com or you can contact him through his website https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ fb page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to heal a Broken Heart

The Unseen Beauty of Bauan

TKB goes to Shercon Resort & Ecology Park